Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November C4T

For my last C4T in EDM, I was able to read Mr. Rice's blog. In his first post, Mr. Rice talked about asking his students questions that would allow them to think. He used a famous quote from Socrates that says “I cannot teach anyone anything; I can only make them think.” He says that it is his goal, this year, to improve and expand his use of questions. In my comment to this post, I told Mr. Rice about a video I previously watched this semester about asking the "right questions" Opened ended questions allow students to put on their thinking caps, while close ended questions call for simple "yes" or "no" answer.

For Mr. Rice's second post that I was to comment on, he wrote on how having one on one conversations with his students was important to him. He stated that he sat down with each of his students, asking them what they did not understand and what they needed help with. I thought this was absolutely wonderful! I believe that most important thing for a teacher to have is a trusting relationship with their students and having one on one conversations with students is what builds these relationships. Once an educator has gained the trust of his/her students, many doors not have the possibility of being opened!

No comments:

Post a Comment