Sunday, November 24, 2013

Blog Fourteen

When I first read the instructions for Blog 14, my mind went in a million directions. I can write on this, or I can write on that! With each idea that can to mind, I hit a dead end.. So I quickly realized I would have to choose the one thing I was most passionate about and write on it. My specialty is elementary education, but my main focus is sixth grade and the only thing I want to share with my students is creativity. Though you cannot teach one to be creative, you can inspire them to be. I want to be that inspiration for my students, each year.


Instructions: Watch and summarize the video How to be Creative and tell of at least one way you will express creativity in your classroom.

Summary: This video starts out with a very good point, people aren't born creative, its a process. 1. How do I do this? Most people fail with this step because they are unsure of where the beginning point is. We must be willing to "chase down ideas" and we must also understand that not all of our ideas are going to lead somewhere. That is probably the biggest setback of being creative, too many people are scared to make mistakes, so they get too comfortable where they are.
2. Develop your own ideas and tools People: now days are just lazy! No one wants to put any effort forth. No one wants to come just with new ideas, so they find others. Most of the time, other people's ideas aren't what is best for you, only YOU know what that is. 3. Do the work: Understanding how to work is the key to sharing your creativity. 4. Keep at it: You are going to fail, you are going to fail many times, but it is when you fail and get back up to try again that your creativity is shown!

Creativity: Creativity is the selling point now days. We have too many individuals walking around with diplomas in hand, so the question is "How do you get the first look with an interview for a new job?" or "How do you get noticed about all the others?" By being creative, by going over the top to achieve your goals, but we have too many that are nervous about doing so because they are scared of making mistakes. In my classroom, it is going to be taught that making mistakes is okay. A child cannot be unwilling to move into a space in which they are unsure of because they are afraid of messing up, because they will stay this way their whole life. One of the many reasons I want to teach sixth grade is because those students are in a crucial era of learning, and with the right guidance they can be pointed in the right direction.
I believe that every student has the ability to be creative but it is forced out of them by others. They are expected to be perfect, or they are too filled with the ideas of others that they don't have room for their own. There will be projects in my classroom that allow for each student to think for his/her self. There will be questions asked in my classroom that force my students to think outside the box. I want each of my students to reach their full potential and achieve goals they have set for themselves and they only way for them to do this is by being creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment