Saturday, October 12, 2013

C4T

For the past two weeks I have had the privilege of reading Steve Wheeler's blog Learning with 'e's.

The first post of Wheeler's that I read asked the question "Can technology help us to think more clearly?" Wheeler's response was a lot like the response I would have given if I had been asked the same question. He states that with a constant flow of information, technology can be "daunting." But if you learn to only pick out the facts that are useful to you, there will be no headaches involved. With as much information through technology there is in this generation, of course it can be overwhelming to try and understand it all. Not all of the information that is out there is useful to me, so i have be choose wisely what I need and what I can live without. I personally believe the use of technology CAN help us think more clearly. With the use of things like Symbaloo and icurio's storage, saving information and being able to find it is made much easier.

Wheeler's second post that I dipped into was "Self actuated mobile learning." In this post, he makes a reference to "12 Principles of Mobile Learning" and he writes about each individual learning differently with mobile learning. This is a point that I strongly agree with! Every person is different, which means we all learn in different ways and the great thing about mobile learning is that is does not hinder one's learning because it varies from others. Mobile learning is personal, meaning it accompanies the specific need of each individual that uses it. It also offers, as Wheeler points out, self actuation because each person has control over their own learning.

I have obtained some very useful information from reading Wheeler's posts and this is definitely information I will be using throughout my career in education and I will be returning to His blog to continue reading in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed my posts and learnt something from them Hilary. Is your name English? We have a river named after you somewhere here in England :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be completely honest, I am no exactly sure! But people ALWAYS refer to the Thames River when I speak of my last name! we also pronounce it a completely different way here in south Alabama, lol.

    ReplyDelete