Sunday, August 25, 2013

Practice Blog Post

Hello EDM310! I am Hilary Thames and I am from a four red light town known by the name of Florala, AL, which is located on the Florida/Alabama line, hints FLOR and ALA. I am majoring in Elementary Education at South and this is my sophomore year at the university. I didn’t choose Elementary Education, it choose me. About to years ago, I was offered a job at the elementary school in m town. I did not apply for the job, nor did I ask. Our youth pastor, the principal at W.S. Harlan asked if I would be interested in working with the EDP (Extended Day Program) and from day one I was in love. I loved everything about it, the atmosphere, the children. Within the next year I applied for my substitute license, and just being in the classroom a few days in the teacher’s shoes I knew that is where I belonged. Aside from having a passion for teaching, I also have a burning passion for sports, basketball, cheerleading, football, etc. From the time I was able to walk, I have been playing sports. During my high school years,I played every sport offered to girls, a total of five sports: softball, track, basketball, cheerleading and volleyball and I was also a Diamond Doll. I love to watch sports, I love to play sports and one day I hope to coach sports. Last but definitely not least, I am a Christian and serving the Lord is my number one passion. Every day that I have been given is a blessing from Him and I live my life to please Him. I believe my calling by God is to be in a school system somewhere working with kids and sharing His love with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment